This is an article from a section FAQ about Moscow musicals and concert halls. Read in detail about Moscow musical theatres in the Moscow musical section and about Moscow concert halls at the Concert halls section.
Musicals for kids are very popular in Moscow, unlike opera or ballet productions. Some theatres, such as Tereza Durova Teatrium or Natalya Sats Musical Theatre, even specialize in children’s musicals. The objective of both projects is to introduce young art lovers to musical theatre and to Russian and international classical music. Some theatres, even the Bolshoi, occasionally add musicals for kids aged 6+ to their repertoire.
Top musicals for kids in Moscow:
- Christmas Eve (Russian Song Theatre)
- Mowgli (Operetta Theatre)
- The Town Musicians of Bremen in various versions(Moskontsert Music Hall and Stas Namin Music and Drama Theatre)
- Buratino (Moscow House of Music)
- Aunt Malkin’s Secret (Et Cetera Theatre)
- The Exciting Adventures of Little Red Riding Hood (Moscow Drama Theatre directed by Armen Dzhigarkhanian)
- The Wizard of the Emerald City and The Adventures of Dunno (Natalya Sats Musical Theatre)
- The Snow Queen and The Three Musketeers (Stas Namin Music and Drama Theatre)